Latest News & Information
Guests are advised that park pass fees will increase with effect from 1st October 2013 as follows:
Vehicles (up to 12 legally seated people) $12.00
Concession (up to 12 legally seated people) $6.00
Please refer to www.dpaw.wa.gov.au for further details
For your own convenience and safety it is advisable that you check all weather and road conditions before your arrival. You may also call the Karijini Eco Retreat to check conditions and access on (08)9189 8313
Entry into the National Park and to the Eco Retreat is via an unsealed road, (gravel) although this road is graded regularly we recommend AWD/4WD vehicles to be used. Please note that there may be corrugations. Guests are advised to ensure that all belongings are secured, particularly in caravans and trailers prior to entering the National Park.
Guests staying in the National Park during the winter months (June to August) are advised to ensure that they have warm clothing, particularly for the night time as temperatures can drop to zero degrees during this period.
MID & LOW SEASONS: 1st NOVEMBER 2013 to 31st MARCH 2014
During the above dates The Karijini Eco Retreat operates in Low Season mode and therefore has limited availability in the Eco tents for those wishing to visit during this period.
The nightly rate for Deluxe Eco Tents with ensuite is $189.50 per couple for the months of December to February inclusive and $229.00 for the months of November and March. Rates include continental breakfast. This represents a significant saving when compared to our high season rate (No further discounts apply). A small number of tents suitable for families are available (sleeping 3 or 4 people – additional bed is a single or bunk bed) and extra guests are charged $75 per person per night (First child up to 12 years old stays free when sharing with 2 adults).
Unpowered ‘Dorm Style’ Eco Tents sleeping up to 8 with shared ablutions cost $120 per night for up to 4 people. Additional guests cost $30 per person per night.
Campgrounds will remain open at a rate of $35.00 per unpowered site subject to weather conditions. (Price based on 2 adults – Additional adults sharing will incur a charge of $10 per person per night and under 13’s stay free when travelling with 2 adults).
PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS AND ADVICE BEFORE BOOKING TO STAY IN THE LOW SEASON:
• Temperatures at Karijini during this period can reach in excess of 40 degrees Celsius on a daily basis
• The Eco Tents are NOT air-conditioned and have natural ventilation only
• The Alfresco restaurant will operate during this time, opening for breakfast, lunch & and dinner. A selection of menu items will be available during this time (subject to availability)
• As places are limited, dinner must be booked in advance
• Please call Reception on (08) 9189 8013 to reserve your table and meals
• Guest barbecue facilities will also be available on site
• Reception opening hours will be 7am – 10am, & 1pm - 7pm
• Bar and kiosk opening times will coincide with Reception hours
• Supplies such as breakfast packs, barbecue packs, ice, ice creams, snacks and beverages will be subject to availability
• We strongly advise that guests arrive in either 4WD or AWD vehicles
• We highly recommend the use of insect repellant
• There will be no Tour Operator services at the Karijini Eco Retreat or in the National Park during this period
• For your own convenience and safety it is advisable that you check all weather and road conditions before your arrival and (if visiting the gorges) please ensure that in the event of adverse weather conditions you take appropriate steps to leave the gorges immediately
• Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW) reserves the right to close roads within the National Park for safety reasons and/or due to adverse weather conditions
• You may also call the Karijini Eco Retreat on (08)9189 8013 during Reception opening hours (as above) to check conditions and access. Where possible, relevant information will be posted on ‘Latest News & Information’ section of our website www.karijiniecoretreat.com.au
• Hours and availability subject to change without notice
Our team look forward to welcoming you!
Karijini Eco Retreat Gift Vouchers make the perfect gift for all occasions!
We can tailor vouchers according to your needs so why not spoil someone you love this Christmas and give them an outback escape to the Karijini National Park.
• Vouchers must include a minimum stay of 1night
• High Season 1st April to 31st October 2013 $349.00 per night for 2 people including continental breakfast (lower rates apply for November to March - please call us for details)
• Additional meal options may be added to gift vouchers
For further details please call Mark on (08) 9425 5591 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ECOLODGES OF AUSTRALIA
Ecolodges of Australia is made up of Advanced Ecotourism certified accommodation providers in Australia, managed by Ecotourism Australia (EA).
We are the only founding member for Ecolodges of Australia from Western Australia. Being part of the Ecolodge initiative helps tourists identify the most environmentally friendly accommodation.
For more information about the Ecolodge or Ecotourism Australia, please visit www.ecotourism.org.au