Entry into the National Park and to the Eco Retreat is via an unsealed road, (gravel) although this road is graded regularly we recommend AWD/4WD vehicles to be used. Please note that there may be corrugations. Guests are advised to ensure that all belongings are secured, particularly in caravans and trailers prior to entering the National Park.
Feel free to call the our Reception Team to check road conditions in to the Retreat.
Guests are advised that it is their responsibility to ensure that when renting vehicles, they check directly with the rental company that their intended vehicle can be taken on to unsealed (gravel) roads prior to making a reservation.
No-shows will be charged as per our cancellation policy.
Guests staying in the National Park during the winter months (June to August) are advised to ensure that they have warm clothing, particularly for the night time as temperatures can drop to zero degrees during this period.
Our team look forward to welcoming you!
Please help keep Australia beautiful by disposing of your rubbish responsibly
MID & LOW SEASONS: 1st NOVEMBER 2013 to 31st MARCH 2014
During the above dates The Karijini Eco Retreat operates in Low Season mode and therefore has limited availability in the Eco tents for those wishing to visit during this period.
The nightly rate for Deluxe Eco Tents with ensuite is $189.50 per couple for the months of December to February inclusive and $229.00 for the months of November and March. Rates include continental breakfast. This represents a significant saving when compared to our high season rate (No further discounts apply). A small number of tents suitable for families are available (sleeping 3 or 4 people – additional bed is a single or bunk bed) and extra guests are charged $75 per person per night (First child up to 12 years old stays free when sharing with 2 adults).
Unpowered ‘Dorm Style’ Eco Tents sleeping up to 8 with shared ablutions cost $120 per night for up to 4 people. Additional guests cost $30 per person per night.
Campgrounds will remain open at a rate of $35.00 per unpowered site subject to weather conditions. (Price based on 2 adults – Additional adults sharing will incur a charge of $10 per person per night and under 13’s stay free when travelling with 2 adults).
PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS AND ADVICE BEFORE BOOKING TO STAY IN THE LOW SEASON:
• Temperatures at Karijini during this period can reach in excess of 40 degrees Celsius on a daily basis
• The Eco Tents are NOT air-conditioned and have natural ventilation only
• The Alfresco restaurant will operate during this time, opening for breakfast, lunch & and dinner. A selection of menu items will be available during this time (subject to availability)
• As places are limited, dinner must be booked in advance
• Please call Reception on (08) 9189 8013 to reserve your table and meals
• Guest barbecue facilities will also be available on site
• Reception opening hours will be 7am – 10am, & 1pm - 7pm
• Bar and kiosk opening times will coincide with Reception hours
• Supplies such as breakfast packs, barbecue packs, ice, ice creams, snacks and beverages will be subject to availability
• We strongly advise that guests arrive in either 4WD or AWD vehicles
• We highly recommend the use of insect repellant
• There will be no Tour Operator services at the Karijini Eco Retreat or in the National Park during this period
• For your own convenience and safety it is advisable that you check all weather and road conditions before your arrival and (if visiting the gorges) please ensure that in the event of adverse weather conditions you take appropriate steps to leave the gorges immediately
• Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW) reserves the right to close roads within the National Park for safety reasons and/or due to adverse weather conditions
• You may also call the Karijini Eco Retreat on (08)9189 8013 during Reception opening hours (as above) to check conditions and access. Where possible, relevant information will be posted on ‘Latest News & Information’ section of our website www.karijiniecoretreat.com.au
• Hours and availability subject to change without notice
Our team look forward to welcoming you!
Help the Retreat in the conservation of the environment by being Eco-friendly
As an example, the use of banks of solar panels to power Karijini Eco Retreat helps to minimise the impact on the environment. However, we need your help to achieve it:
• Respect the Eco-friendly policies of the Retreat to contribute in the respect of the environment (Take short showers/ Flush the toilet using the half-flush button/ Take your rubbish with you when leaving).
• Participate in Eco-sensitive activities.
• Keep the area the way you would like to find it.