Grand North West Drives
These self drive itineraries encompass a selection of the most extraordinary highlights in Western Australia's northern big nature playgrounds. There are three routes to choose from
EXPLORER ADVENTURER and WILDFLOWER
Each route explores a range of iconic sites which reflect the natural beauty of the state, combining pristine coastal seascapes with ancient gorge country, the ghosts of the goldrush and pioneer days, dreamtime stories and rock art from one of the world's oldest living cultures.
Discover some of WA's most extraordinary natural phenomena
- 'lunar' landscapes on the Pinnacles desert drive (Nambung National Park)
- vibrant colours of Shark Bay - where the desert meets the ocean
- some wildly friendly dolphins at Monkey Mia
- favourite playground for gentle giants (whale sharks) - Ningaloo Reef
- ancient gorges (over two billion years in the making) at Karijini National Park
- dreamtime trails of the gigantic Warlu serpent, who carved the waterways
- the world's biggest rock - Mt. Augustus!