Karijini Eco Retreat
The multi award winning Karijini Eco Retreat is the first and only permanent up-market, luxury accommodation in the Park! Offering quality accommodation and facilities, the management and staff look forward to welcoming you to a unique world of environmentally friendly, affordable accommodation and camping options with a touch of luxury and a taste of genuine mateship and hospitality in outback Western Australia!
Choose from a range of accommodation including 82 campsites, 5 group campsites, 40 upmarket eco tents with ensuites, 10 'Dorm Style' eco tents, 8 'Dorm Style' cabins, and a delightful outback style alfresco licensed Restaurant offering quality meals with a traditional Australian flavour!
Our Outback restaurant menu is uniquely Australian with tempting delights guaranteed to please! Continental and cooked breakfasts are offered each morning. Packed picnic lunches and snacks are prepared daily to take to the gorges with you. Coffee, tea, snacks and drinks are also available all day at the kiosk/gift shop.
For the latest offers, news and information about Karijiini Eco Retreat and Karijini National Park, including school holidays, weather updates, our new dorm eco cabins, and our new Amphitheatre (under construction) check out our Latest News and Information Page.
Karijini Eco Retreat is 100% owned by the local Gumala Aboriginal Corporation which represents the collective interests of the Niapiali, Bunjima and Innawonga Aboriginal people of the Pilbara region. Visit www.gumala.com.au for further information.
Please note that entry fees apply to many WA national parks including Karijini National Park. Passes are available for purchase at entry points to the park, at the Driving Holidays Info Centre at 206 Adelaide Tce, Perth, the Department of Parks and Wildlife, or Karijini Eco Retreat itself.
2015 HIGH SEASON DATES ARE NOW ON SALE!
We are now taking bookings for all high season dates in 2015 (1st April to 31st October)BEAT THE RUSH as school holidays sell out quickly........
Choose from Deluxe Eco Tents with ensuite, Dorm Style Eco Tents with shared ablutions or unpowered campsites.Dine in our Al Fresco licensed restaurant or cook your own in one of our BBQ areas.
Check out our availability, book and confirm via the booking screen or call reservations on (08) 9425 5591 for further details.
MID & LOW SEASONS: 1st NOVEMBER 2014 to 31st MARCH 2015During the above dates The Karijini Eco Retreat operates in Low Season mode and therefore has limited availability in the Eco tents for those wishing to visit during this period.
The nightly rate for Deluxe Eco Tents with ensuite is $189.50 per couple for the months of December to February inclusive and $229.00 for the months of November and March. Rates include continental breakfast. This represents a significant saving when compared to our high season rate (No further discounts apply). A small number of tents suitable for families are available (sleeping 3 or 4 people – additional bed is a single or bunk bed) and extra guests are charged $75 per person per night (First child up to 12 years old stays free when sharing with 2 adults).
Dorm Eco Cabins sleeping up to 4 people with shared ablutions cost $152 per night.
Unpowered ‘Dorm Style’ Eco Tents sleeping up to 8 with shared ablutions cost $120 per night for up to 4 people. Additional guests cost $30 per person per night.
Campgrounds will remain open at a rate of $20.00 per adult per night for an unpowered site subject to weather conditions. (Under 13’s stay free when travelling with 2 adults).PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS AND ADVICE BEFORE BOOKING:
• Temperatures at Karijini during this period can reach in excess of 40 degrees Celsius on a daily basis
• The Eco Tents are NOT air-conditioned and have natural ventilation only (fans provided in Deluxe Eco Tents and Dorm Eco Cabins)
• The Alfresco restaurant will operate during this time, opening for breakfast, lunch & and dinner. A selection of menu items will be available during this time (subject to availability)
• As places are limited, dinner must be booked in advance
• Please call Reception on (08) 9189 8013 to reserve your table and meals
• Guest barbecue facilities will also be available on site
• Reception opening hours will be 7am – 10am, & 1pm - 7pm
• Bar and kiosk opening times will coincide with Reception hours
• Supplies such as breakfast packs, barbecue packs, ice, ice creams, snacks and beverages will be subject to availability
• We strongly advise that guests arrive in either 4WD or AWD vehicles
• We highly recommend the use of insect repellant
• There will be no Tour Operator services at the Karijini Eco Retreat or in the National Park during this period
• For your own convenience and safety it is advisable that you check all weather and road conditions before your arrival and (if visiting the gorges) please ensure that in the event of adverse weather conditions you take appropriate steps to leave the gorges immediately
• Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW) reserves the right to close roads within the National Park for safety reasons and/or due to adverse weather conditions
• You may also call the Karijini Eco Retreat on (08)9189 8013 during Reception opening hours (as above) to check conditions and access. Where possible, relevant information will be posted on ‘Latest News & Information’ section of our website www.karijiniecoretreat.com.au
• Hours and availability subject to change without notice
Multi Award Winning Eco Retreat